Nov 28, 2008

Angry, Anguished yet Hopeful II: IT IS NOW

I have been reading blogs and discussion boards flogging Muslims and/ or Pakistanis. And this base reaction scares me. An eye for an eye will leave all blind. Too many innocent lives have been lost... a 2 year old orphaned on his birthday. a father losing two daughter the apples of his eyes, a young major (1977-2008)... 150 or more. Not mere statistics... each a person with his or her own world, now desolate with their loss. We owe them a sensible and reasonable way of thinking. Not more innocents to join them.

I hear the voices baying for blood. I bay for it too but for the blood of those responsible whoever and wherever they may be. I want our anger to be controlled and channlised in a way that the right target is "targetted"... not a religion, a community or country (though the links are obvious... this does not mean we start bombing Pakistan), it means weeding out the scrouge.

I don't know why and from where I have faith that my country will take a mature, well thought out course of action and all my fellow Indians will support that course. Becase if ever India has been pushed in a corner and can be heard screaming "WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH", it is NOW. Let this moment be a unifying one and may NO ONE be able to "play their personal gain games" with this moment to be communal or separate us. WE STAND AS ONE... Hindu, Muslims everyone, hand in hand against terror. We shall not be fooled by anything but the RIGHT thing. Let our leadership know this.

No comments: